Friday, September 05, 2008

Two October Classes; Threadbear and Rhinebeck

If you've been hankering to take my color spinning class and couldn't make it to Harrisville this year, check out my 2008 October schedule. 
Oct 11 and 12 I'll be at the marvelous Threadbear in Lansing, Michigan. Saturday and Sunday are two separate classes, Saturday's "Spinning and Color Fundamentals" is geared for novice to intermediate spinners who just want to come and have some fun with handpainted rovings and learn (or hone) come color spinning techniques. Sunday's "Advanced Color Blending, Color Theory and Beyond" will focus on color theory, contrast, blending, plying combinations of colorways with an eye towards using these yarns in a project.
The following week I'll be offering two classes at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY. 
Thursday and Friday, October 16 and 17, I'll be offering a two day long color workshop, "Hands on Color". We'll cover a host of color spinning and blending techniques. This class is an out and out color feast and will interest many levels of spinners, but it is not a beginning spinning class. Please know how to spin and be reasonably comfortable at the wheel or spindle before you sign up.
Saturday October 18, I'll be offering two sessions of Knitting Lace in the Round. I"ll get you started knitting a shortie version of my Spiralling Leaves Fingerless Gloves and talk about the differences between knitting lace in the round and knitting flat lace. I'll provide beautiful yarns for this class, both handpainted variegated yarns and subtle naturally dyed solids and tone on tones. 

Please know that these are not dye classes. From now on the only dye class I will teach is at Harrisville Designs, once a year. Next year class will meet August 3-7. 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I just got my confirmation that I'm signed up for the 2 day class with you at Rhinebeck! I'm so looking forward to this class. I think I better go practice on my wheel before I make the trek! Can't wait to learn and play!

BettyB said...

Thank you! Lynne

Threadbear and 2 days with you was heaven. You put joy back in my life and color in my spinning

Betty
Muskegon, Michigan