Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Head Between Two Heads


I'm caught in a time warp. Living on the campus of my old alma mater, I sometimes don't have any idea what year it is. This isn't entirely my fault either, as I see young men walking through the quad with rosy cheeks, seersucker jackets and bow ties.  I shake my head like Elmer Fudd (I tought I saw a wabbit) but they are still there. Not only do they look as though they stepped out of the 70's, they play Allman Brothers and Led Zeppelin (not complaining, mind you). It's just weird. I wanna see more goth and I'm not talking architecture.

So I took the opportunity to walk through the old halls, the haunts of ages past, with model Elizabeth. What better place for a photo shoot than a "bastard gothic" university campus loaded with carved wood and stained glass? I wanted to get into Convocation Hall and take a shot against some blisteringly beautiful stained glass windows. You can stand right next to them on a carved balcony...wild. But Convocation was locked...floor re-finishing in progress. Why complain? Right outside the double-wide half-ton walnut doors resides "Sir Walter Really", the Head Between Two Heads, his marble nose still stained even after many scrubbings from cigarettes parked there by students taking brief relief
between classes. Notice the doors to either side of the alcove. Men's on the right, Women's on the left. First rate facilities, albeit a mite tight. To Sir Walter's right is the stairwell leading up to Breslin Tower, the clock that chimes the Westminister Chimes every quarter hours. Some things never change.

Sir Walter is wearing "Superruffly", my newest design. The Superruffly pattern teams up with the Superfluity Kit, so now there are two choices to knit with that ensemble...a wrap and a scarf.

Here's Elizabeth (also an alumna of said alma mater...nothing like a little nostalgia) whispering sweet nothings in Sir Walter's ear. Captions, anyone? 

No comments: