Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Little Taste

Twist
Over this week I"ll be posting a few glimpses of my new work for the Studio Tour. You can see my last post for full details about that event.

This piece is called Twist. It's part of the Full Cast show at the SAS Gallery. This show isn't fully up yet...hope the curator's OK. It seems to be a season of too much to do and not enough time to do it in, a feeling of flood, of being caught up in powerful waters beyond our control. Nevertheless I managed to get a quick snap. The darling little rock that is dangling at the top of the frame is from another piece sitting on the shelf above awaiting placement. I like this pairing, casual as it is, because the colors and textures of the handspun yarns in the wrap spring from rock, bark, trunk and lichen. The  little rock hangs suspended so that we don't forget our Gaia, prime mover.

1 comment:

nestra said...

I like that! Wish I could be there to see your studio tour.