Thursday, September 24, 2009

TACA SACA


Tomorrow (Sept 25, 2009) and again on Sunday, Sept 27 I'll be spinning in the demo booth at the TACA Craft Fair in Nashville, TN. I've been looking forward to this for a while now. I'll have a basket of beautiful handpainted fiber to spin and some needles to knit some of the active twist yarn. I'll be glad to autograph books if you bring them. If you haven't been to this fair, it's the largest in the state, put on twice a year, in Sept and May. Tennessee Arts and Crafts Association juries this show for the finest in beautiful craftsmanship in many media. It's in Centennial Park, easy to find on West End Blvd, a straight shot from I-40 (Broadway exit) or from I 440 (West End exit). On Saturday Pam Harris will be the spinning demonstrator (see post below). I'm not vending at this fair, just demonstrating, but I will be vending in Sewanee this weekend...read further.

Saturday, Sept 26 you'll find me in my booth at the Sewanee Arts and Crafts Association Fall Crafts Fair on the soccer practice field behind Cravens and Quintard Halls on the campus of
the University of the South in Sewanee, TN (see map). I'll have plenty of stunningly beautiful Superfluity Kits and mohair silk boucle from TWF, my LV ltd Au Naturel naturally dyed sock yarns, a wide array of LV ltd handspun yarns. PLUS you'll find my original patterns as pattern support. Handspinners will delight at the gorgeous handpainted fibers. There will be a few beautiful handknits available for sale as well, including the jacket and scarf pictured above and these ultra soft mitts (patterns and yarns are available in multiple colorways for these items as well). This fair will happen rain or shine, so please come check us out!

Next week I'll start posting more LV ltd handspun yarns on handspuncentral.etsy.
I've been saving up a collection for the Sewanee Craft Fair so there should still be a nice selection. LV ltd has a fabulous new spinner in the ranks. If you came to Hands On Color at Dubose, you met Daria. She has been spinning some really beautiful yarns lately. My favorite skein (you can see it at the Sewanee Craft Fair) is stunningly low key. How is that possible? She spun this two ply sock weight skein long draw from City Nights merino/bamboo fiber from TWF. The colors blended so beautifully. Up close you can see them all, but from a distance it looks like a savvy, earthy neutral with a little sheen. Stunning. There is enough in this skein to knit Spiralling Leaves Fingerless Gloves or Tiny Triangle Fingerless Gloves, or a narrow scarf. So keep checking back for more.

No comments: