Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ripple


Knitty, Spring 2009 just went live and it's full of awesome patterns, including my newest, Ripple. You'll find not one, but two (count 'em, two) versions in the same pattern page.  The handspun version (pictured here) is a neckwarmer length in sport weight in my two-ply handspun. I spun the yarn from Three Waters Farm BFL fiber, one ply each of "Winter Fields" and "Winter Daybreak" plied together. It's knit on smaller needles too. If you don't spin, you'll soon find a beautiful tonal yarn dyed especially for Ripple at Three Waters Farm. It's called Bamberino Tonal and it's a superwash merino/bamboo light worsted weight yarn> If you knit it on a size US 8 needle it will be slightly open and drapey. If you knit it on a US 5 or 6, you will get a firmer, ripplier fabric more like my handspun. I've knit Undulation (see earlier post) in this yarn and I love it...photos soon.

The standard length scarf is knit in Celery K1C2 Camelino, a worsted weight merino/camel hair blend I bought at Threadbear...very soft and cushy yarn.
The rose pin that you see in the photo of moi at the bottom of the page is called Ripple Rose and you can find that pattern in my Etsy store.


1 comment:

Andrea James said...

So nice to find your blog, I love this new pattern. Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook is a treasured part of my library. Thanks!