Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Sorry Nod to Wegman


If one has a weimeraner on hand, one must dress it and take photos. William Wegman found this irrisitable and I can see why. My weim at the moment is Pearl, a beauty that someone dumped in the woods in our area. She was out there in the same place for over a week, not particularly trusting passersby (accepting food handouts, then fleeing, finally accepting a harness from me, jumping in my truck and coming with). This dog doesn't leave our sides...there is no way she wandered there or got lost, not this scent hound. Anyway, here she is in all her silver glory. She is the color of tree trunks, weathered wood, concrete, forest soil. She is so camouflaged in her sleekness that I tied a bright bandana around her neck so I could find her. Uh oh. Couldn't stop there. I entitled this photo "not a flamingo". Just because Wegman can dress his weims doesn't mean I can get away with that with Pearl. She is giving me the clear message that she doesn't do fashion. And just forget doing her nails, please!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaawwe! She's so sweet allowing you to play "dress up."

--Deb said...

She's beautiful . . . but yes, she doesn't look too happy with her "scarf," though the colors look fabulous on her!

Jackie said...

Talk about an unimpressed looking dog!

Carolyn said...

Oh, Lynne, she is just a doll!! I know she is living the good life now. ;)

KnitterBunny said...

She's lovely. Who would ever part with a beautiful dog like that?